17 June 2006

What have I been Missing???






Well,

As you may or may not have guessed, I watched "The Evil Dead" for the first time tonight. And, as you may or may not have guessed, I Was blown away. Not quite as literally as many of the characters in this cult classic, but in my own little appreciative way. I was mostly just impressed by the immense feeling a terror Sam Raimi and crew puts you in through very simple techniques. The lighting was unbelievable and the music was perfect. There were moments I laughed because instead of inserting a scare, they chose a gag or a transition... I just think it is a very well crafted movie. Especially given the circumstances.... like only a 375,000 Budget! ... Which is next to nothing... and I enjoyed this movie experience far more than Kong King (over 100 Million), Titanic (100 Millions) ... etc.... Viva La Low budget Films! So, now I'm going to go out and watch Evil Dead 2 and Army of Darkness. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

I start caricaturing tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Thanks for dropping by!

nick.

No comments: