30 January 2011

DOWN IN THE PARK

Hey everyone,

I'm back! And I'm WAAAY behind on updating you on what I've been doing. 2010 was a BIG year for me. A HUGE year. I finished my 1st year of film school at Chapman University, got my first film industry internship, worked on my first hollywood feature and made 4 new movies. The first of these, 'How to Draw Caricatures pt. 2' is in the previous post. This little video that I made on the side a year ago actually got me my first internship last summer as a video editor for an surfing action sports company in southern Orange County called SponsorMe Entertainment. This then led to my first industry job as a behind the scenes videographer on a feature film called "Judy Mood and the Not Bummer Summer". Since the film is based on the popular children's book series, they liked the whimsical nature of the video and brought me into to help out for their 50 day shoot. I'm still working with them now, actually. Going through countless hours of footage and logging everything. But I directed and managed a group of other students to capture the behind the scenes for the movie. We were there on set with the crew, getting right in there next to the camera and actors. It was produced by the producers of 'Precious' and starred Heather Graham. It's been such a great experience and could lead to many more.

But soon after making that little Caricature video, I made my first actual 'film' called 'Down in the Park'. I made it for my 1st year 2nd semester project. It's about a jaded old man who's on the verge of poisoning himself in a park when he gets a surprise visit from a young boy who offers a piece of wisdom and unintentionally changes the old man's life forever.

Give it a watch. I hope you enjoy!

Down in the Park from Nick Snyder on Vimeo.

No comments: