30 January 2011

NERD-O-VISION

Hello again!

The 3rd film of 2010 was a little experiment that took place over the summer as part of a summer class at Chapman. I decided that I wanted to try something different... something that I wouldn't normally try during the school year. A MUSICAL! Or, well, a farcical musical about nerds. What I came up with, was "Nerd-O-Vision". And I'm pretty proud of it. I wrote and directed this one and didn't take myself too seriously... which is something I need to try more of. I had a lot of fun making it... From writing and recording the song, to working with a choreographer, to shooting in a diner overnight in Anaheim. It was a pretty awesome experience.

And on top of that, when I screened it in front of everyone, I got the biggest response I think I've ever gotten from a crowd. Which was cool. And we've entered it into a bunch of festivals. Fingers crossed to see what happens next... But have a look!

This one has a password, which is: nerd2010

Nerd-O-Vision from Nick Snyder on Vimeo.

No comments: